 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1417
Re: Elgo set (not Lego) for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 03:29:37 GMT

Well now I have an Elgo Skyline. Thanks, Ray.

I'm intrigued by 3 alien bricks found in the Elgo--can anyone identify
these? They are white, 1" by 0.5", height 0.5", with two square studs. Walls
are nominally 1/16" thick and the square studs are 3/8". The two long faces
have a low (1/64") relief pattern, in which the top and left end are routed
out (with round corner) to leave the impression of a brick set in mortar.

The quality is compromised, inexplicably, by one end of the brick having a
thicker wall, so that it is impossible to lay two "thick" ends together in a
course of bricks. There is no correlation of thickness to the sprue gate
location (bottom center end).

Curiously, the stud height has the same proportion as Lego (20%).

Finally, the bricks slope inward by 2%.

-Erik