 Castle / 13895
Re: DRAGONS ROCKS!!! Puns unavoidable, not truly sorry :o)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:20:01 GMT

Aaron West wrote:

Hey, got tired of the lack of CASTLE posts, so here's one:

Look at what coolness you can create with MEGA BLOCKS Dragons line and some
assorted LEGO (Monster Studios) here at Doug James Brickshelf gallery--->

I really like what he's done with the Battle Gate and the new LEGO gates!
And the minifig combos are very sinister!  I don't know about y'all, but I
love the Dragon!  Heck, I like MEGA BLOCKS Dragons!  I know, blasphemy, but
have an open mind with this new line.

I've looked at it hard, and decided to pass. The painted and heavily
sculpted parts do look nice, but they don't look like LEGO. I also see
lots of nice things like this come from clone brands, but then the next
line goes in a different direction, so you get clashes of style. I also
really don't like those minifigs. I just don't like that unrealistic
overdone style which immediately makes me think of Games Workshop (the
painted miniatures in their materials look nice in a certain way, but
are very overdone and unrealistic in my mind).

I am somewhat intrigued by the base plates for use as islands in the
Pirate Game, but I've just more and more decided that most clones just
aren't worth it. If Tyco was still making brick, I would probably buy
their stuff since it didn't depend on such non-LEGO-like style, and used
a very similar quality plastic.

Frank