 Local / Australia / 13074
Re: My average set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 03:32:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:

Hey Richie,

While discussing gambling in Aus and searching out relevant sites, with another AFOL, I came across an interesting abbreviation that I thought, you might appreciate..... ABS = Australian Bureau of Statistics.

LOL!

I deal with the ABS from time to time, use their stats regularly, and have several of their publications on my bookshelf... and yet the ABS/ABS link had never occured to me.

Weird, huh?

Actually seconds after I posted (isn’t that always the way) I thought, “Gee, you probably were already well aware of that term, considering your interests.” It *is* sort of funny, in a weird sort of way, that you didn’t link the two. Of course, even weirder was the time I spent deciding were to post it. I was torn between posting to this thread and the good old “phlegm” thread. Apparently I have way to much free time on my hands, as well as being impressed with silly coincidences then trying to figure out my set stats.

Cheers,

Janey “Red Brick”

Starts to walk away babbling about....ABS..... Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene, Assembly Breakdown Structure, Anti-lock Braking System, Australian Bureau of Statistics, American Bureau of Shipping, Association of Business Schools...... shouldn’t there be some rules to abbreviations.... LOL