 Local / Australia / 13073
Re: Battle! (was Re: loc.au stats (was - all quiet on the loc.au front))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 03:20:57 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons wrote:

One must accept that only two responses to this (Hi Richie and Pete)

Hi Richard!

hardly
justifies festival planning, and we haven't scratched the surface of the
subsidiary issue of the great breathe some life into loc au mindless violence
fest.

Not to worry.

My boys and I will be festing Sunday 23 Jan from 11.00am, and anyone interested
is welcome to join in - email me :-)

Cool. I'll be there. (Though, if you could email me directions, it would assist
my timely arrival).

350 points per army, defend the town, Napoleonic era.

Cool. 350 points is an interesting amount. Enough for a unit of cavalry, one of
infantry, a commander, and a couple of officers and a single cannon and crew.
Just. And that might require some creative accounting too. ;-)

Actually, looking at the numbers, it seems that cavalry are an especially good
deal in Brikwars (compared to other wargames or real life).

BYO army, or let me know and we'll see what we can put together for you - but no
stats, no play.  Plenty of help around to be had to assist folks with sorting
out their stats, but no time for that on the day.  Only time for mindless
violence then...

I'll bring a couple (or several, even) 350 point armies, just in case.

Cheers

Richie Dulin