 Local / Australia / 13085
Re: Battle! (was Re: loc.au stats (was - all quiet on the loc.au front))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 23:05:57 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons wrote:
In the meantime, if I was to think about something that would stir
the spirit, get the creative juices flowing, and create a bit of
Lugnet community interest,one word comes to mind.

BRIK WARS!

Yes!

So I suggest a Brik Wars fest one weekend in January.

Can I strongly urge that that weekend be 15-16/1 or 22-23/1?

Venue:  My place in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales
(I know its far, but if its at my place then I can lay on some
decent terrain)

Cool.

Period:  Medieval (sticks, stones and swords - no firearms),
  or Napoleonic wars, or even modern day (Vietnam?)

Points:  300 worked for our last fest, but the would could have
  been improved by more of Richie's cavalry, so maybe 350?

One must accept that only two responses to this (Hi Richie and Pete) hardly
justifies festival planning, and we haven't scratched the surface of the
subsidiary issue of the great breathe some life into loc au mindless violence
fest.

Not to worry.

My boys and I will be festing Sunday 23 Jan from 11.00am, and anyone interested
is welcome to join in - email me :-)

350 points per army, defend the town, Napoleonic era.

BYO army, or let me know and we'll see what we can put together for you - but no
stats, no play.  Plenty of help around to be had to assist folks with sorting
out their stats, but no time for that on the day.  Only time for mindless
violence then...

Richard
Still baldly going...

Hello Richard

I would like to accept your invitation (challenge?) to war.  Last year my son
and I visited Richie and met pete too.  I have an army, or at least the bricks n
bits to make one.  I have not played BrikWars before, however have dabbled with
my own LEGO wargames rules.  May I bring a friend who is interested as well.

Robb McGowen.