 Local / Australia / 13111
13110  |  13112
Subject:
A French Victory! (was Re: The game's afoot!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:42:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons wrote:
Ok my Pugnacious Potentates, Bellicose Brigands and Confused Combatants,

This Sunday in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales, the battlefield stands
ready for a festival the like of which few combatants will see the end:

It has been written that history is written by the victors, so it is fitting
that I post (or is that boast?) about the French victory in the Southern
Highlands. Pics to come, but for the moment, this brief report.

The combined might of the Prussians, the Redcoats and the Northerners, despite a
healthy margin in brikwars points was no match for the glorious First and Second
Brigades of the Grand Armie of the South Pacifique who were able to safely inter
their fallen General in the grounds of the castle.

Marshall Legeaux's First Brigade emerged from the desert in the south, and
immediately dispatched the cuiraisser squadron to engage the Prussians to the
west, while the artillery took the high ground to the east, and the Pacifique
Guard marched resolutely forward.

The cuirassers fell, but all but destroyed the Prussian cavalry, and severely
depleted the infantry.

Marshall Lachlan's second brigade, entered at double time from the east,
engaging the northerners and the redcoats on two fronts, the Hussar's tearing
throught the northerners, and the Voltigeurs hitting the redcoats.

The Redcoats in the castle were eliminated by the Pacifique Guard in a display
of expert musketry.

The Prussian infantry made a valiant stand against the Pacifique Guard (who had
mastered the art of tactical 'reverse marching'), before the French Capitaine
offered them favourable terms (throw down your weapons and go home).

Lessons will be learned from this battle. Fortune does favour the bold. And also
the well armoured. And those with lots of muskets.

Adieu

Richie Dulin
aka Marshall Legeaux