 Local / Australia / 13124
Re: A French Victory! (was Re: The game's afoot!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 03:49:37 GMT

Hi all, have been away since the fest but am back in possession of my online faculties again.

In lugnet.loc.au, Robb McGowen wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
   It has been written that history is written by the victors, so it is fitting
that I post (or is that boast?) about the French victory in the Southern
Highlands. Pics to come, but for the moment, this brief report.

(snip worthy if heinously French telling of the terrible battle :-)

I think next time we Allied forces might better appreciate the very Napoleonic principle of concentration of forces.

   Thanks Richard and family for your hospitality last weekend and hosting a LEGO
day and Brikwars game. My son Lachlan and I enjoyed the company and “playing”
very much - probably because we were on the winning side - the French! It was
great to see patience and acceptance of young people and newbies like myself by
more experienced Legophiles.

I had a fine old time myself. Like Richie, I have some pics to download from the trusty digicam, and throw together into a page. I’ll use Richie’s text as the story, with suitable truly Prussian and truly untrue embellishments ;-)

   I will post a date for a LEGO get-together/Brikwars day at Maraylya soon. It
will be nice to return the hospitality and (hopefully) win a battle on
“homeground”.

Sounds cool. By then I may have made an heretical purchase or two to provide a 1960s PLAF(VC) foe for the MB Air Cav...

Richard
Still baldly going...
Sail the world. Meet new people. Be confused. Port Block.