 Local / Australia / 13089
Re: Battle! (post your armies!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:44:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons wrote:
   As I suggested earlier in the thread, its good stuff to be putting your army together in advance, and probably worthy subject matter for posting, sooooooo, find herewith link for some detail on the armies already signed on (being mine, and the armies of each of my sons ;-)

http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/arm/welcome.htm

Mmmmm... Nice armies. Are those Prussians still sporting those specially imported katana’s?

I congratulate you on managing to include at least two positive references to me. Your flattery will not be forgotten!

   We hope to post the stat sheets for these armies next weekend, as a guide for anyone else.

I’m still working on the creative accounting for mine. I’ve shaved it down to 348 points, but still want to do a spot of tweaking (For instance, I’d really like my cuiraisser’s armour to be more than ornamental).

   Robb, I’ll pencil you in and add you to the distribution list for a directions email next week. In the meantime, I’d suggest that you prepare your army feverishly (have a look at those in the pics for a sense of magnitude) or decide to borrow one of Richie’s, and have a look at the Brik Wars site to get a bit of an idea what its about.

I’ll bring French (naturellement!) and British (though I still haven’t made convincing minifig scale bagpipes for the highlanders), and probably the Brunswickers too... If more than three are needed, there’s always more French (ahhh, the rewards of being patient - and vigilant - on eBay!).

   http://www.brikwars.com/

Some basic points values to ponder (these include various skillful bonuses etc, YMMV):

A mounted commander, with 2 pistols and a cool sword 36pts
A mounted officer, 2 pistols and a sabre 21 pts
A cavalryman, with sabre and pistol 11pts
An infantryman, with musket 11pts
Cannon, limber, two crew, powder shot and a couple of horses 32pts

(That cavalry/infantry point value comparison does worry me... my cavalry always carry two pistols which pushes them to 14 pts, but that’s not much of a premium. All cavalry armies are a definite possibility, particularly when one considers that cavalry can move further in a turn than a musket or cannon can fire. In Brikwars, the charge of the light brigate may well have had a different outcome!).

Cheers

Richie Dulin