 Local / Australia / 13078
Re: My average set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 18:43:22 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Rob Antonishen wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Pete White wrote:

Starts to walk away babbling about....ABS..... Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene, Assembly Breakdown Structure, Anti-lock Braking System, Australian Bureau of Statistics, American Bureau of Shipping, Association of Business Schools...... shouldn’t there be some rules to abbreviations.... LOL

Worse than Y2K....more impactive than IPV6 ...its.....

TLA Overload.

Yes...you heard it here first... Three Letter Acronym Overload 2005 is the year we completely ran out of three letter acronyms.

OMG! AFAK this is totally awesome news. I TY personally for bringing this to my attention.

   Due to increasing use of TLA’s in the computer and manuafacturing industry, the approach to TLA OVerload has increased exponentially. In an effort to overcome this serious overlap in TLA namespace, we have created the TLA Oversight Group Association (TOGA) to propose a new standard for three letter abreviations. Note the clever use of a FLA (Four Letter Abbreviation) namespace that is not expected to run out until at least 2009).

Excellent! Any proposed dates for when we will reach the full term for the 7 letter variety Re: ROFLMAO

   The current proposal on the table involves the use of a date modifier/order context identifier to all TLA’s based on the official date of registration with the Global TLA Authority (GTA-2005-001).

For example, the Global TLA Authority will now and foreverever be referred not as GTA (not to beconfused with the Greater Toronto Area, Grand Theft Auto, or the Gerorgia Telephone Association) but as GTA-2005-001, providing both the year of TLA registration and the annual index entry.

For existing TLA (now referred to as TLA-2005-001) usage, all companies, groups and associations who wish to resifter their TLA-2005-001 can contact the GTA-2005-01 at WWW-2005-025.TLA-20050-001.COM-2005-042 and register their TLA-2005-001 ASAP.

Contact them I did! IANAL, but after a quick, DL via FTP, ASAP I read the FAQ, ToU and ToS, everything look so well planned, I must admit this SO much better then HSOA (Help Stamp Out Acronyms) society I was supporting ENF. FTPTTDS (and I’m not talking robotics here!)

   With your help and support migration to the new TLA-2005-001 standard will be painless and transparent to most people.

Wait, I was with you totally until you said “painless”, I have some issues with that, I mean, seriously, NPNG right? This can’t be good.

   TIA-2005-091,

Rob A.

Of course, this is NMFP, so KISS MTL can be effective, but I would rather STAR and then opt out with BTWB, and call it a day.

HAND

Janey “It’s a day! Red Brick”