 Local / Australia / 12989
Re: My average set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 06:26:53 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, David Drew wrote:
   Come on Richie, you have to give us more information than that. What is the metric you use to calculate the average? Set number? Pieces? Age of set? For the set re-releases, do you use the old set number, or the new set number?

I’m glad you asked ;-)

This set was the closest match to number of parts, number of minifigs and price. These are the most important stats I keep (though I do keep a fair bit more besides). My favourite calculate stat is cpp (cents per piece).

On set number, the average is:

    5225 9v Motor with gear reduction
1 element, 0 figures, US$15.75, 1998
LEGO > TECHNIC > Supplemental > 9v

Which I own none of. (See what I mean about averages?).

   Also, what is your median set number?

    6027 Bat Lord's Catapult
51 elements, 2 figures, US$6.75, 1997
LEGO > SYSTEM > Castle > Fright Knights

Which I own 5 of...

Cool, huh?

Richie Dulin

PS... I haven’t yet come up with a measure which results in a pirate set :-(