 Local / Australia / 12538
Re: Target Toy Sale Catalogue is out now (some things really amuse me)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:05:20 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Pete White wrote:

I don't watch much TV at all, and I only ever buy the weekend newspapers.
Catalogues in my letterbox seem to be rather a hit and miss affair at the moment
(not delivered in a timely manner if at all).  From this rather limited
perspective I can say that Target is terribly in one's face at the moment, but I
don't tend to notice BigW advertising at all.

Foxtel does have National Geographic, Discovery and History Channels though ;^)

Mind you, Tas only has one Big W so there's not much point in putting
advertising effort into us!  I only ever find out about decent Big W sales from
Lugnet as the store itself is somewhat out of my way.  Thankyou to the people
that post about these!

1 Big W ! You have more senators !

I wonder how many normal toy shoppers do the price-checking Lugnet ALFs do.
Maybe they swallow the catalogue claims.

I occassionally lurk on some Australian parenting forums, the (mainly) mothers
that post to these are well aware that all is not as it seems with this Target
offering and picked up on it straight away.

Mothers (stay@home dads too) tend to be fairly astute, there are some ebay
magnates masquerading as harmless moms  :^O

So it would seem that the internet-savvy part of the general population is
fairly astute bargain-wise!

I always wondered why men spent so much time at work on the internet.

pete.w (reminds me of the scene in the movie 'Brazil' set in the busy office)