 Local / Australia / 12517
Re: Target Toy Sale Catalogue is out now (some things really amuse me)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:11:02 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown wrote:

Heh, ya not wrong! I thought it was rather funny after looking at the catalog
that I scanned the bundle pack with the bonus tub thingy (which isn't even LEGO)
and it scanned at $89.95 or there abouts.. (.99 or .95)... and in the catalog
they show it for $99.99??? I mean... "hello!!!" - so maybe scanning the stuff is
a good idea... cause ya just never know!

'Tis interesting that you bring that up...

When that bundle first showed up on the shelves in Target Hobart about 10 days
ago the shelf tag very clearly said $101.xx.
I remember that quite clearly because I thought it was such an odd amount!
On Monday, before the catalogue release, it said the same thing.

I didn't scan the set either time as I wasn't overly interested in it (but I
could tell it would be a Toy Sale item, and was curious to see what the eventual
saving would be - some Lego becomes interesting if it's cheap enough :) ).

When the catalogue was released yesterday, $99.99 wow, big deal $1-something
off, won't be bothering with that.

Today, I did a last minute reconnaissance just in case there was something
interesting in the catalogue that I'd missed (ever optimistic!) and the shelf
tag was $109.xx!  Then I read your post...

I didn't scan it this time either but I am now curious enough to be tempted to
scan it tomorrow, just to see.  No big deal, my office is about 100 metres away
- there are some advantages to living in small cities :)

At least the catalogue isn't attempting to claim a $10 saving (which would be
illegal but since when has that stopped them?)

Deidre (who apologises if this post is formatted strangely, 3rd attempt as it
kept doing the realllllly long line with no wrap thing).

p.s. you're right about scanning, I got a non-Lego catalogue item on Monday at
the sale price before the catalogue was even released, it didn't have a shelf
tag at all which is why I scanned it and got a pleasant surprise!