 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 642
Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 00:17:21 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes:
We still don't have all the details (particularly those from the trade), but
since an explanation is both appropriate and overdue, here is what we know
and why we acted as we did. We considered just letting the whole thing go,
but ultimately, we asked LUGNET (and a couple of other sites) to remove the
information in question because
[...]
We would not make the request we made of LUGNET and the other sites without
good cause -- and we are certainly not interested in censoring anything.
[...]
of the leaks. The reason I wrote to Todd and asked him to address the issue,
and not to the author of the original post, was that [...]

To anyone who might be jumping in and hearing about this for the first time,
the following articles from last week explain that LEGO made a formal legal
request:

   http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=20866
   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=502
   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=542

Thus, don't read too much into the light wording Brad used above (such as
"asked", "request", "address", etc.).  It was a formal legal request leaving
no option not to comply.  (Which is good, when/if necessary, because it
leaves nothing to interpretation.)

--Todd