 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 651
Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 15:38:18 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Eric Joslin writes:

Och.  Well, make better sets, and you won't have to worry about
cannibalisation.  Seriously.

I hate to follow myself up, but I thought of something else in this vein:

I've spent well over $250 in the past two weeks on Lego.  Probably closer to
$300.  Lego will see none of that money, because it wasn't spent in a store.
It was spent on eBay and in private deals, buying sets that are, in my opinion,
higher-quality than what Lego produces today.

You should be less concerned with future releases cannibalizing your sales than
with old releases doing the same.

eric