 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 635
Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 19:47:50 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes:

[snip]

OK, so after all this, why are we allowing essentially similar information to
be published now? (Some of you are aware of the “new” set lists now on FBTB
and rebelscum.com.) It is true that Tim Saupe wrote to me and requested
permission; I wrote back to say that while we would not comment on the list,

I think your handling of this has been more than reasonable.

[snip]

Company. But in the places where it counts the most, we’re getting it. I’ve
been pushing for a while to move up our announcements of new product to take
advantage of the positive buzz a committed community of enthusiasts can
produce, and this incident has served as a catalyst to get many here at LEGO
to realize we should do just that. Hence the publication of the new material
(we’re not commenting on it just yet… but keep your eyes open). We have to

Here's a suggestion:  When you are ready to release the 2001 in box catalogs
for a given reigon, mail one to me and I'll put it up right away.  This would
save us the trouble of hunting it down in new set boxes, and would offer you
better control of the timing of the release.   Of course you could also
"leak" information/pictures to us with desirable timing even if the catalogs
aren't printed yet.

KL