 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 650
Re: Brad's answer to the 2001 info?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 15:38:32 GMT

"John Gerlach" <john.gerlach@bestbuy.com.nospam> wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tim Courtney writes:
I would hope that you would give SERIOUS consideration to LTCs and their
MAJOR impact throghout the US at the numerous model railroading shows.
DON'T drop the ball on this one - work with them and cater to them materials
so they can improve their setups, and give them materials to promote Lego at
the same time.  Because of the limited availability and the huge cost of
train equipment, LTCs can't usually perform to their greatest potential.
The model railroading community LOVES Lego trains, and it would be a shame
if TLC didn't support what they were doing.

Perhaps they can start with something simple like letting the LTCs give out
Shop @ Home business cards at train shows?  SO many people don't realize that
LEGO makes trains - we get comments like that all the time.

What I would *really* like to see is a seperate 1-800 telephone number on
those business cards - so LEGO would have some sort of idea of how many people
are calling them because they saw a LTC layout at a show.

If someday LEGO decides to sell us bulk bricks - I mean *BULK* bricks -- that
would be fantastic.  (2x4 bricks in quantities of 5000?)  Bulk train track
would be great too...

...WAMALUG 'liberated' a box of cards from The Store and we hand them out at shows and
encourage people to tell the cust serv person that 'WAMALUG sent them'. I figure if enuf
people do that, the word will get up the chain of command, tho we've never heard any
numbers on how many people actually call come monday.

--
...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
Jain's Guide (http://wildlink.com/lego/jain)