 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 639
Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 22:57:02 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Todd Lehman writes:
[...]
Here are my suggestions...

If, in the future, someone posts objectionable sensitive information:

1.  Write the person(s) via private e-mail and politely ask them to
voluntarily cancel their post(s), and offering, of course, an explanation.

2.  If that doesn't produce results within a reasonable amount of time, write
them back with a formal legal request to voluntaily cancel it.

3.  If that doesn't produce results within a reasonable amount of time, post
a public statement noting the objection and requiring that objectionable
information be forcibly expunged from the system.  Also send a copy of this
via email to system the admin (me).  Note:  Any private e-mail received which
differs from a public message will be posted publicly as part of the paper
trail.  If the e-mail contains a request not to post the message publicly,
either please don't send it, or expect it to be disregarded.

4.  If that still doesn't produce results within a reasonable amount of time,
make a phone call.

5.  If that still doesn't produce results, threaten legal action.

Does this sound fair?

(Replying to my own post)

Just to be clear, the above are _suggestions_ to LEGO as to how to handle
events like this in the future.  They do not represent or define LUGNET site
policy.  Thus, "within a reasonable amount of time" is up to LEGO to decide.
It might, in cases (like this one, for example), make sense for them to do
#3 first, and then a whole bunch of #1's.  #5 is kinda obvious, if something
gets that far, which it most probably never would, but I threw it in for
completeness.

--Todd