 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2148
Re: Polybag Racks (was: Shopping Anecdote and Suggestions (Long))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 07:52:38 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Frank Filz writes:
Gack no please don't listen to this suggestion... The cheap polybag sets
are useful for those who want to build up decent numbers of minifigs.

A big "me too"!!!  I have argued almost the exact opposite of Bradley's post
in the past.  The only way I could agree with Bradley's sentiment is if TLC
packaged stuff separately -- that is different packages for the structures,
vehicles, minis.  That way everyone could get what they wanted and hopefully
in the numbers that seem sensible to them.

Today I bought a Droid Escape set.  To me these C3-PO and R2-D2 minifigures
are useless, but I like some of the elements in the rest of the set.  If
they packaged these items separately and individually, then those wanting
the vehicle could score however many of those that they wanted, and the
people collecting the minis wouldn't have to buy the vehicle part and get
however many they wanted of just the minifigures.

I would buy whole armies worth of red and blue shako hat Pirate theme
Imperial soldiers though.  So by no means can I agree that Lego is not about
the little minis too!  With some minifigures designs I just want as many as
I can get.

For that matter, I might buy whole armies worth of some of the more generic
SW figures -- just not the particular two minifigures found in the Droid
Escape!  I mean, how many C3-POs and R2-D2s am I really supposed to need or
want?  When the minifigures are that identified with a particular narrative
they are just NOT that useful to me.  Think open-ended narrative, generic
characters, TLC.  And please, just dump these licensed characters!

-- Hop-Frog