 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2117
Re: Polybag Racks (was: Shopping Anecdote and Suggestions (Long))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 15:54:58 GMT

"Marc Nelson Jr." wrote:

<snip>

I think this is the best and most productive idea to come from us yet. It is
such a small step that would do so much to improve LEGO's standing with kids.
Please, somebody at LEGO at least acknowledge this and give us a response!

(Although I am not a TLC spokesman) TLC has *already* instituted a marketing
strategy like what you and others in this thread are discussing-- Brad Justus said
TLC calls them "HTOs" (High Traffic Outlets).  They have some chrome castle sets
and others which are placed in high traffic retail establishments such as super
markets, convenience stores, etc and other non-toy businesses.  Their price point
seems to be about $5, which I think is not bad, considering what you could
actually get in a set that only costs $2 (heck, a minifig is valued around $1!)

I wouldn't be offended if somebody at LD doesn't respond to this thread-- you guys
are just a little behind on the time curve.

For more info about HTOs, read Brad's post:
http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=22981

-John

-Marc Nelson Jr.