 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2147
Re: Polybag Racks (was: Shopping Anecdote and Suggestions (Long))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 04:33:26 GMT

Bradley Dale wrote:

TLC calls them "HTOs" (High Traffic Outlets).  They have some chrome castle • sets
and others which are placed in high traffic retail establishments such as • super
markets, convenience stores, etc and other non-toy businesses.  Their price • point
seems to be about $5, which I think is not bad, considering what you could
actually get in a set that only costs $2 (heck, a minifig is valued around
$1!)

How about making more cheap sets _without_ minifigs?   2886 and
2883 and 2880 are good examples that already exist,
although I can't find 2883 or 2880 anywhere.  I bought the
Castle polybag last night and didn't like it.  There were seven
pieces that weren't part of the minifig or his accessories.  If the minifig was
not included, there could have been a better model.   I really like the figure,
but I know he's in other sets.  I don't think LEGO is about minifigs, I think
its about building stuff.  Let people supply their own minifigs for the cheap
sets. (Maybe if minifigs only came with buildings and not vehicles, there would
be less homeless people in LEGOland?)

Gack no please don't listen to this suggestion... The cheap polybag sets
are useful for those who want to build up decent numbers of minifigs.

Frank