 General / 7086
Re: Lego man
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 03:53:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, Adam Howard writes:
Hi Everyone,

I'm one of those 'closeted Lego shoppers' too.... • <snip!>
Adam

for anyone wondering how to "come out" to friends and coworkers, i have one
word..

SUPERCAR

we had a 16yo intern in our office all summer.. and one of my coworkers was
burning playstation games for him, so he was always in our cubes asking tips on
final fantasy VII, etc... one day it slipped out about my LEGO collection... i
was getting attitude from a 16yo about "toys".. only, he had *never* owned a
lego set.. he asked all sorts of questions.. "how do you know how to put them
together?"..."why would you ever take something apart once you built it?"...
heeh.. he just didn't get it..

so i went home and rebuilt the supercar (only the 3rd time in my life) and
brought it in the next day... i spent the first 2 hours of my morning demoing
the 4-wheel steering, 4-wheel independant suspension and 4-wheel drive to
coworkers as word slowly crept around the office about the "cool lego car" that
i had in my office that day... heheh..

the supercar was the first set i bought when coming out of my dark ages...
something i will *never* regret...

the intern's last day was thursday... i went at lunch and got him one of the
new technic sets.. heeh .. passing the mantle...