 General / 7121
Re: Lego man
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:20:43 GMT

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> writes:
But there is NO REASON to be ashamed :)  I am open about my Lego hobby
in my high school even.  Yes, I get a few laughs, but I really don't • mind
them, cause its all done in good fun.  I haven't found anyone really who

looked down on me for playing with toys still.  In fact, of the friends • from
school I've had over, I haven't had one of them *not* be impressed with • my
creations or my web projects.  A lot think its the coolest thing since
sliced >bread!

Hey, I've even brought models to school.  First time was in sixth grade
for a Tech. Ed. (basic computer-as in turn on, use mouse, & type) class.
I built a simple grabbing hand.  For the next two years, I used LEGO for
every Guided Independent Project in the pull-out class for gifted &
talented student (remote control car (well, with Technic wires),
airplanes, gull-wing doors, and other proof-of-concept type models) .  In
high school, I used LEGO models (like my AT-ST) for show&tell in Spanish
class.
--Bram