 General / 7087
Re: Lego Racers?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 07:34:01 GMT

cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) writes:

Anyone have this yet?  I'm curious to see what other people think
about it.

It's kinda cute.  It's probably marketed towards 6-9-year-olds, though.

There are many circuits to race, each with decors from various LEGO
System themes.  For example, there is an adventurers/jungle circuit, and
it has the adventurers bi/sea plane and the air ship flying by as you
race.  There are a total of 4x8 circuits, and you need to win one batch
of four circuits before the next one is unlocked.

You can also design your own racing car, but it is quite limited.  You
start out with four basic chassis and build with bricks, slopes, and
various decorative elements on top of that.  The bricks are very crudely
modeled to save rendering time.  You'll commonly see round bricks
approximated by only three quads.

Fredrik