 General / 55556
Re: Forum shift
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2010 01:28:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
In lugnet.general, David Gregory wrote:

As of just a few days ago, I've been a LUGNET member for 10 years.  In that time
I've posted hundreds of messages, and I've never once had to use any kind of
"authentication email."  I'm not sure what you're doing wrong to get something
like that.  I'm guessing maybe you're not logged in?

Does your username and password also work for a NNTP connection to Lugnet?
(That would be new - but very helpful - to me.)  Or are you talking about the
web interface?

Play well,

Jacob

I've never used the NNTP.  When I click on it, I see the same messages that I
see on LUGNET through a browser (including ones I've posted [through a browser
interface]).  Is there any kind of advantage to using the NNTP instead of the
web interface?

David