Re: Forum shift
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2010 07:37:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Orion Pobursky wrote:

The bottom line is that I feel that the authentication emails
are an undo burden placed upon the system so that a relative minority can
continue to use NNTP.

The authentication emails have NOTHING whatsoever to do with NNTP.  A properly
configured NNTP server uses usernames and passwords for authentication.  (And
lazy b******s circumvent the authentication emails with an intelligent
autoreplier.)

So yes, Lugnet doesn't work optimally, but why don't we try to fix the small
bugs in Lugnet, instead of switching to a much worse system?  Or is there a
clearly spelled out policy from the Lugnet administrators, which declares that
nothing can be changed?

People have been asking for change for years with no visible effort being put
into this. I'm tired of waiting. Maybe you can try?

-Orion