 General / 50244
Re: Bye, bye LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general

Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:38:51 GMT

The model that we use is that we do not cancel things because "we don't like
them" or even because "they are violations". Rather, the model is that the
user must ask for a cancel. Not say to us, "cancel if you want" but
explicitly asks for a cancel, because that way we are not exercising
editorial control. That is the way that things are done on LUGNET.

I would like to point out:

"that way we are not exercising editorial control"

Isn't that an editorial control??? This is a paradox!

I agree with the fact that Lugnet should remain a pleasant place to talk but as
far as today I don't agree with the way how this is done.

It is the same as a killer would force his victim to kill himself just because
he don't want exercising control on other people's lives...

Luca