 General / 47642
Re: Lego seems to be copying Mega Blocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 12:24:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson wrote:

   Take for example, Pro Builder. Not suggesting lego needs to go Military like Mega Blocks did but they should do more highly detailed sets. Like the recent Space Shuttle. (which IMO is better than the Mega Blox one in some ways and not as good in others) Like the Red Baron, Sopwith and Wright Flyer. Like the recent Legend of the Model Team hot-rod. And like some of the Star Wars UCS e.g. the Star Destroyer and the Blockade Runner (speaking of UCS, how about a UCS Falcon... :)

I asked a while back about that (the military stuff) but of course those suggestions didn’t have much reception (as always : )

Releasing a military legends line would be quite interesting (imagine, awesome parts packs with killer designs. We’re talking Abrahm’s tanks, panzer units, howitzers, humvees, apaches, the kinds of designs kids and adults and people like me would probably have a vested interest in.

I really don’t think licensing fees over such designs (if they’d even apply) should deter lego from pursuing that endeavor, but I guess they’re leaning on HP/ SW sales mainly and want to reduce competition between their own products.

Yeech.

There’s probably other factors hurting the military issue, particularly their whole ‘violence thing’.

sarcasm: Why don’t they just forget about that and release the new violent criminals pack I’ve been waiting for?

The sacrface shootout pack 685 pieces 2004. The scarface shootout is based off the blockbuster film and includes our complimentary mob figures, randomly assorted hitmen, innocent bystanders and a bag of realistically tailored weapons banned in most civilized nations. Out inventive designers also included a lavish hotel backgroup, complete with plenty of surprises that you’d expect from major motion pictures, What’s more? Our design ideas were contributed by Todd McFarlane (for gory effects) and Brian De Palma (the director of Scarface!.

sarcasm/

Osprey Rezkalla

Osprey’s nest

http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/~1112/