 LEGO Company / 1876
Re: Weapons in models (was Re: Lego seems to be copying Mega Blocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 23 May 2004 13:50:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

See also the Patriot Jet, circa 1996: http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6331

That's a modern "fighter jet". It just doesn't have any weapons. Does the 4403
model have visible weapons?

if not, it doesn't undercut the argument (although it slices pretty close if you
ask me) that they're not producing toys that (as designed) emulate modern
warfare weaponry.

Hmm, I guess weaponry might be a pre-req then? For some reason the Air Blazers
chopper reminds me of the Coast Guard, even though there is another rescue
chopper set.

I've never seen the Patroit Jet, but it does answer one question for me: from
where did those 1x4 blue tiles with stars originate.

Regarding the use of the term battleship*. Come on guys, take the nerd glasses
off... I was simply using battleship in a loose public vernacular to encompass
all "modern" surface combatants.

Spencer
*And yes I was aware the US Navy had retired the last of it's battleships -
which means I must be a nerd too!