 General / 47640
47639  |  47641
Subject:
Lego seems to be copying Mega Blocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 11:47:46 GMT

But they only seem to be copying the bad stuff (for the most part anyway)

Lego seems to be copying Mega Blocks colors (c.f. the new greys) and also
Mega Blocks quality (c.f. the talk about poorer quality parts)

But they dont copy the good stuff :(

Take for example, Pro Builder. Not suggesting lego needs to go Military
like Mega Blocks did but they should do more highly detailed sets. Like the
recent Space Shuttle. (which IMO is better than the Mega Blox one in some
ways and not as good in others) Like the Red Baron, Sopwith and Wright
Flyer. Like the recent Legend of the Model Team hot-rod. And like some of
the Star Wars UCS e.g. the Star Destroyer and the Blockade Runner (speaking
of UCS, how about a UCS Falcon... :)

And for example, Alien Agency. Not the specific theme of the sets (although
that is good) but the parts. Alien Agency has some VERY nifty parts that
(if they were made by TLC in TLC colors i.e. old greys) I would LOVE to get
for my Space MOCs.