 General / 47839
Re: Lego seems to be copying Mega Blocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 23 May 2004 01:18:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, J. Spencer Rezkalla wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Ahui Herrera wrote:

   The models you pointed two are WW I. My take on it was that TLC did not want to deal with any issues veterans and their family might have with the toy and its depiction of the conflict.

I think it’s more an issue that they don’t want to produce toys that look like they can be used to emulate the modern warfare that they see on the news and such. Nobody fights with bi-planes anymore, but fighter jets are pretty much fighter jets - regardless of era. Same thing goes with tanks or battleships.

The U.S. Navy has apparently decommissioned all of its battleships:

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/ships/battleships/

Do any other navies have battleships, or is the battleship pretty much obsolete nowadays?

Mark

Note: Still no generic lugnet.off-topic group to send this to... :-(