 General / 47498
Re: Request for Feedback - focused thread
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 19:35:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi Jake,

Here are a couple of possible ways to go.

1. Create theme buckets in old colors:

“Classic-Space Bucket” - basically this would include speciallized elements found in the first lines of the Space theme - take for instance the light gray elements in the Galaxy Explorer: http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/inv/sets/497-1?withpics=yes as a guide - various wings, printed 2x2 slopes, cones, brackets, steering wheels, the 1x2 plate with handles, the “space gun” (Peeron calls it minifig accessory torch), round bricks, radar dishes in a couple of sizes, 2x3 slope printed with the little planet symbol, etc. Throw in a couple of red and white classic smiley spacemen and some blue bricks and you’ll have your best seller of all time with Space-themed AFOLs. (Of course, a wonderful alternative would be to simply release the Galaxy Explorer as a Legend in original grays.)

“Classic Castle Bucket” - something along the lines of this: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=709986

2. Alternatively you could create more focused bulk packs. As a castle builder, I’d love to see the following packs in original colors:

Arch pack (3 flavors, light gray, dark gray, brown): 1x3, 1x4, 1x6, 1x6x2, 1x5x4, 1x5x4 inverted

Windows and doors pack: these doors in brown: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=2554 http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=3644 http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=40241 http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=30223 arched window in both brown and gray: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=30044 hinges in both grays and in brown: window 1x4x3 in brown: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3853 with appropriate shutters and lattice panes, also in brown A stairwell in brown: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=30134

Slope packs in each of the three colors, including the specialty slopes: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3049 http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3048 http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3046a http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3045 http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3041

Weapon packs (variety of swords, spears, etc)

Armor packs (both types of breastplates, various types of helms)

And, of course, a continuation of the brick packs previously offered (just got mine yesterday -- thanks!).

Slipping into heretical mode, I would also like to see the above packs in new colors (at least light gray), to help kick start my stockpile of the alternate color.

Bruce