 LEGO Company / 1549
Re: Request for Feedback - focused thread
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 16:33:52 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
   Wow, what a crazy couple of days! 250 posts on a thread I started. I’m not sure where to feel shamed or proud. (I know, I know, all I should feel these days is shame)

Since my fireproof suit is beginning to strain under the pressure, I’m going to ask for some very specific feedback in this post. As much as many of you don’t think I/we are listening, understanding, or “getting it”, we really really are. And if not, there is 250+ posts of information I can read over! :) Listening and understanding isn’t based on outcome.

OK, here’s what this post is about:

In the original post I made a couple of days ago, I mentioned that LEGO has agreed to find some ways to help make this transition smoother. There has been some discussion about items that would be important to lock into the old colors, including some specific parts selections. There has been some discussion that it’s time to move on and focus on building up stocks of the new colors.

I’d love to hear from you what your choice would be, and what parts you consider “priority” for either solution.

Please help keep the focus of this post on the request above. I’m not discounting your opinions, concerns, or thoughts. I’m just trying to keep this post on track so that we can come away with a solid understanding of your thoughts on one particular issue.

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Development

Old Colours

BURPS , especially rectangular

Track , hopefully including monorail

Windows , (30044 etc.)

New Colours

Castle walls

Turret tops

Basically I would like to build the castles in one colour... old/new doesn’t matter to me... just in one colour.

Thanks, Jeff