 LEGO Company / 1670
Re: Request for Feedback - focused thread
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 10:37:10 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:

I’d love to hear from you what your choice would be, and what parts you consider “priority” for either solution.

I really feel that any parts in old brown that were supposed to represent wooden items *must* be kept in the old color. The new grays are passable for a fair number of constructs, but the new “brown” is really awful for things like doors, barrels, treasure chests, crates, pirate items (ship hull, peg leg, etc.), and wagon wheels - they absolutely need to be kept in the classic brown. A service pack of the smaller items and the pirates bucket that others have suggested for that contained the larger stuff would be excellent.

I don’t feel it’s really even worth talking about parts in the old gray since I think TLC would need to produce a far wider range of parts than they’d find feasible to really keep people happy.

So, moving on to parts in the new gray- a tub of basic bricks, slopes, and *plates* would be a big step in the right direction. I’d personally like to see some larger standard bricks (1x6, 1x8, 2x8, etc.) as well as lots of various plates. Slopes and smaller plates can usually be found in reasonable numbers in sets, but it seems like there’s not often any bricks larger than 1x4 these days. If the tub had ratios similar to the Assorted Bricks poly bags people would end up with an awful lot of 1x1, 1x2, and 2x4 bricks. The mid to large bricks and plates are what we need more of to complement the parts available in retail sets.