 General / 47497
Re: Announcing new Legend!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 19:29:27 GMT

In lugnet.lego.announce, Jake McKee wrote:
   Taking a break from reading the 250+ color change posts, I just got the green light to announce a new Legend!

And it’s ....drum roll please....

5541 - Model Team Hot Rod!

The Hot Rod first raced into the hands of LEGO collectors in 1995, and now it’s back for a new generation of fans! As many of you know the Hot Rod was a Model Team set back in the mid 90s known as item #5541. The new Hot Rod is nearly a 1:1 copy of the old Model Team set. The cool roadster with its clean lines and classic also include stickers, chrome elements and detailed TITLE=”Click for more information about car” STYLE=”text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;” HREF=”http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=59771carsAA1VDw”car/A accessories. Steering wheel turns the wheels and the boot really opens. Plus rebuild the Hot Rod into a sleek road racer for more building fun. Ages 9+. 421 pieces. #10151 Hot Rod £26.99 / $39.99

The set will be up for pre-order on Monday, with a release date of a couple weeks later. (We’re working hard to get it live ASAP)

All right!!! VERY Cool. Another Legend. Not quite what I was expecting, but very nice!! I haven’t bought any Model Team sets, so this will be a good excuse to start collecting!!!

Ben Medinets