 General / 45229
Re: New Skin Tones coming? (was: Re: Scans from new danish 2004 catalog)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 07:21:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
but I am also not sure I think that changing from yellow to fleshtones is a
good idea. I would have preferred that all figs remain yellow fleshed

At this point, I think I'd rather see the line get partially Simpsonized.
Mixing yellow with Caucasian or Oriental fleshtones would just look stupid, but
Lando has pretty effectively opened the door for at least having brown as a
second flesh-tone.  Regardless of the stated intent of yellow representing all
racial types, it's not clearly stated on the boxes, so the impression that
people will get with their first experience is that they're all white people.
Especially (and I hate throwing this out there) when they're sitting next to
Clone sets that have brown minifigs.