 General / 45242
Re: Scans from new danish 2004 catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 06:13:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Brok wrote:
(snip)

But the new dutch catalog which the exact same pages and the exact same
photography, the same minifigs are clearly yellow!
I was very keen to inspect the skin tones and only noticed 'natural' skin in
small pics of the ferrari people.

So for some reason or the other, the catalog designers spend great effort to
hide or show the new skin colors, according to some erratic (or changing) TLC
marketing policy.

OOPS, I was wrong! Please take note the above statement is false.

I was writing from memory and checked it when I got home. As it turned out, the
Danish and Dutch catalog are simply the same WRT skin colors. Even within the
same theme, some figs appear to be yellow, some are flesh and some are hard to
make out eighther way, My yellowish room lighting must have fooled me the night
before.
So apologies for my cynical remark about TLC marketing policy in this respect.

Eric Brok