 General / 45226
Re: New Skin Tones coming? (was: Re: Scans from new danish 2004 catalog)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 23:22:35 GMT

John wrote:
I question the need to "enhance" the realism.
What if it meant more sales and wider appeal?

You mean that if there is a competitor with minifigs being 'more human',
children would choose it just for that? In such case everybody would
play with Ken & Barbie (pun intended).

But TLC is {already} moving in that direction!  Take facial expressions on the
minifigs.  I think these {enhance} playability (and apparently so does TLC)
over
a ubiquitous classic smiley.

Oh my. The grins (you call that 'facial expression') are awful. Yes, I
may be an old fart for you, I'll be 30 soon.

I like the minifig, but since TLC has "already gone there" WRT various flesh
tones, I believe that it is a Good Thing® and should be expanded.

As the people already pointed out - the more real the minifig gets, the
more troubles it would get. What about tits for women minifigs? Or
larger bums. Somebody (were it you?) suggested shoes - what about some
high heel fetish? Ethnic discussions. Gender bullshit. etc. etc.

That stuff is IMO not worth it. It's obviously more expensive, and out
of the line.

TLC has changed the fig many times over the years.

They've added hands. What else?

I just don't buy the "don't
change because it's a change" argument.  Change is necessary and {good}.

Only if you're <20 can excuse you. 'Don't touch anything that works' is
the law. Now prove that yellow face and standard smile doesn't work.

[If it would be me, I'd axe Island Extreme, World City, 4Juniors,
Sports, Spidey, Studios and Racers immediately].

--
Jindroush <jindroush@nospam.seznam.nospam.cz>
Remove both 'nospam's from the address to reply.