 General / 45276
Re: New Skin Tones coming? (was: Re: Scans from new danish 2004 catalog)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 14:11:42 GMT

Check out page 2 of this PDF in the Lego Press area:

http://www.lego.com/upload/contentTemplating/LEGOAboutUs-PressReleases/otherfiles/2057/upload96B6048F-94EC-4322-98B6-987EC95787A4.pdf

There is a photo of a new F1 mini-figure set. The set depicts two real F1
team members, Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello. The set looks to me
to use the same flesh colored ABS used with the Duplo figures.

From the PDF -

"The victory podium with two mini figures featuring Michael Schumacher and
Rubens Barrichello
encapsulates one of the most iconic parts of F1. LEGO mini figures are
arguably one of the most collectable LEGO elements and the immortalisation
of Schumacher and Barrichello as LEGO mini figures is only the second time
real people have been captured."

The classic yellow smiley may become scarce. I think flesh colored
mini-figures are here.

Bryan

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:HsDn1E.1Knr@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Kecia Hansen wrote:
Yes, you are right. Previous HP figs were yellow. This new one has a • different
skin colour (unless the catalog is badly printed, but I don't think so). • The
same colour is applied at least to some of the Spider-Man figs as well.

Wow, if they are starting to produce a new skin tone, that is [huge] news • in my
book!  I am astonished.  I {love} the idea of switching to more realistic • skin
tones as used in the Basketball figs, and frankly I think the time has • come for
an update of the minifig in general.  The overall minifig {design} is • sound, but
I'm all for dumping the jaundiced yellow look.  They especially look • hideous set
side by side with a basketball figs and their tones.  And how about a new • mold
that better simulates a {hand} rather than the old industrial C clamp? • Another
idea might be to detach the feet so that different shoes may be attached.

[JOHN]