 General / 45275
Re: Signing off...till March
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 07:13:34 GMT

Seems like I can post again.

I wanted to comment this, that I have tried something like this, taking parts
with me. It works, but limited, as when I am building, I am also contructing,
and since I only had some limited parts with me, my projects often ends and I
have to end them.
My current project is a great example of the initial model turning out to be
very different from the final design.
Today, if I have time, I rather use pen and paper to design ideas and build them
later. Eventually I have had enough parts to test some basic ideas.
I could use Ldraw or similar, but I dont.

E.g. my red commuter train is designed in Holland, but built in Estonia, and
finally pictured in Holland.

Today, when I am working abroad, I rather walk around seeing the place I am,
usually I dont have more than a few days, maybe week.
In case I should be someplace for 1-2 months I might think of bringing some
parts along, but then again - maybe not.

Leg godt (even when abroad)
Sonnich
http://www.hot.ee/sonnich/lego/

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Rob Hendrix wrote:
I'm leaving for the Bahamas Wednesday to work on an electrical project.  Not
all fun and games like you're thinking.  Imagine an isolated town surrounded
by water and NO LEGO!!!  I'll be back sometime in March.  All work and no
Lego will make Rob a dull boy...

I knew you were going away for a bit, but 2 months??? You better take some LEGO
with you, man! (I'm assuming you'll have access to some tools so you can do that
nefarious modding thing you do)

Or maybe arrange for care packages? Presumably BrickLink sellers can send you
packages?

Good luck and watch out for sand crabs.