 General / 45225
Re: Duplo-name confirmed to be reborne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 23:03:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark de Kock wrote:
Hmm, sounds a lot like what PRIMO used to be....?

I think LEGO QUATRO is a great idea!  Smaller than PRIMO, yet bigger than
DUPLO.  And hopefully much more compatible with SYSTEM than PRIMO is.

From the pictures, it looks like this is 4x the scale of LEGO SYSTEM
(hence the "quat-") and 2x the scale of LEGO DUPLO (which itself is 2x
the scale of LEGO SYSTEM -- hence the "du-").

LEGO PRIMO, on the other hand, is 3x the scale (sideways, but not vertically) of
LEGO DUPLO and 6x the scale of LEGO SYSTEM.

At a size of 6x, you have to wonder whether they considered calling it
HEXPLO or SEXPLO before deciding on PRIMO.  ;-)

--Todd