 General / 4428
Re: to Minifig or not to Minifig ? (was: Star Wars fixes)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 15:25:36 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

On Fri, 21 May 1999 03:30:46 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:
SCOTT R DENNETT wrote:

Isn't that kinda being contradictory with Jar Jar? I mean he's got
a minifig torso, arms, hands, legs, and even a minifig head, it's
just not round. So you would say that if I took off Jar Jar's head
and put it on Anakin's body that Anakin would no longer be a
minifig??

Yes.

You do realise that by that logic, any current day minifig is not a
minifig by virtue of not having a classic smilie? Or, hell, even by
virtue of having arms and movable legs...

?? You lost me. I think we're talking about current minifigs, not the
pre 197x ones, and I'm not too concerned about printing. My thesis, such
as it was, is that a minifig has to have a minifig head, of whatever
color and printing, but that just a head is not enough. It has to plug
into a minifig torso. Under my thesis, skeletons, Jar Jar, the new
droids, etc all are interesting, but not minifigs.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.