 Administrative / Database / 258
Re: Star Wars fixes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 18:26:34 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, kbracey@acorn.co.uk (Kevin Bracey) writes:
There's a real fuzzy line with varying levels of gray.  A peg-leg pirate is
maybe only 95% a minifig, and a skeleton only 80% a minifig.  Gasgano might
be 25% and the battle droids 40% and Artoo 10%.  Threepio might be 90% but
we'll have to wait and see.  :)  Monkeys with their actual removable
minifig  hands are actually closer to minifigs (in this way) than skeletons
are...heh  heh.  Ahhh, for the love of mayhem.  :)

Personally, I see the acid test as the special torso<->legs connection studs.
If it uses those, or has a torso able to accept them, then it's a minifig.

So the old Castle queen/maiden minfigs with 2x2x2 sloped bricks for dresses
pass this test then, right (because they have a torso able to accept the
standard leg-connection studs)?

http://www.lugnet.com/fibblesnork/lego/guide/castle/minifig/femalecastle-
4.html

So by this rationale, a skeleton is not a minifig then in your book?

What about the original minifigs?  What TLG called LEGO Mini-Figures(tm)?
They had minifig heads, but old-style armless torsos and Charlie Chaplin
feet.

--Todd