 General / 4023
Re: to Minifig or not to Minifig ? (was: Star Wars fixes)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 8 May 1999 20:49:01 GMT

On 5/7/99, at 2:30 PM, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Ben Gatrelle wrote:

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
<clip discussion about what's a minifig or not>

I think it'll prove impossible to apply a Yes/No stamp on each character -- • it's
a Huge Gray Area.

--Todd
I agree, Todd.
Ben Gatrelle

I agree it's gray. but to me a minifig has to have the torso capable of
accepting legs (per the def'n posted), minifig hands, and a minifig
head. I agree that some of the older space fig robots aren't yellow
headed, nor is Darth. But I'd call them minifigs anyway.

Skeletons, monkeys, Jar Jar, the new robot... all fail.

Isn't that kinda being contradictory with Jar Jar? I mean he's got
a minifig torso, arms, hands, legs, and even a minifig head, it's
just not round. So you would say that if I took off Jar Jar's head
and put it on Anakin's body that Anakin would no longer be a
minifig??
Ryan
"Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego Master Yoda