 General / 39673
Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 03:38:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Sonnich Jensen writes:
Could geekshelf have any effect on the speed?

Geekshelf has it's own separate pool of bandwidth.  While
it too is currently maxed out (also due to unexpected
popularity), it does not affect the Brickshelf bandwidth.
In other words, if Geekshelf were shut off, you would not
see any difference in the Brickshelf performance.

We are re-negotiating with our bandwidth supplier as well
as soliciting corporate sponsorships.  This may
mean the re-appearance of ads, though I am trying to have
them take the form of text rather than graphics (google style).

KL