 General / 39622
Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:06:55 GMT

You know, this is sounding like a really good idea!  I see something a lot like
how Lugnet is working, where you can have posting abilities w/o membership, but
no added benefits.

and benefits could include loading w/o moderation (and if someone does load
something inappropriate, they would be permanently revoked, etc).. or even not
to go that far, but random moderation or something like that.
-or maybe there could be a limit for the amount non-members can post, but
unlimited for members.

personally, i would pay as much for my lugnet membership as i would a
brickshelf membership.

-lenny

In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes:
In lugnet.general, Jeremy Scott writes:

A big "me to" here.  It is really a sad thing to see happen.  Not only was
it slow when you first brought up this topic, but I feel it is worse now.  I
feel it may be a result of lack of $$$ which means less bandwith.  KL, just
ask and I know you shall recieve.  Where do I send the PP donation???

Jeremy Scott

Yeah...I would have no problem paying for my account,
so long as they eliminate the moderation process.
(who would honestly upload files of poor discretion
if they're paying for the account?) Other than that,
and the thought that the paid funds would help
support the site operation process, I'll support
that area of interest.

As long as the service remains free, KL (or the entities
which operate Brickshelf L.L.C), will continue to pay
out of their pockets,which means less speed for us.
(unless some generous individual throws in a large
lump sum to alleviate that problem, however, I don't
believe that will happen any time soon...)

Anyone else?

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast