 General / 39721
Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 13:17:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes:

Granted, Kevin owns the site, but the community uses it. Kevin can do with
it what he wants; but the _respectful_ thing to do would be to dialogue with
the users over any major changes or issues before implementing them. If ads
are forced onto BrickShelf users, it will lose a tremendous amount of value
for me (and my guess is for a lot of others), and he will lose traffic.

Seriously? I mean, you thought the ads earlier this year for stuff like
BrickFest(sm) and Milton Train Works(tm) were so bad that Brickshelf lost a
"tremendous amount of value" for you??

Either people will find their own places to host images, or something
friendlier will pop up in its place.

Unless it's getting free bandwidth it will sooner or later face the same
problems, I would suspect.