 General / 39730
Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 21:20:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
Alfred Speredelozzi wrote:

TLG should buy Brickshelf, and give it the bandwidth it needs.  They
probably don't want to touch it because it comes with a hornets nest of
intellectual property problems.  However, it is that kind of overly
conservative legalistic thinking that keeps the official Lego sites in such
a poor condition that they are in.  Take a chance Lego.  Spend some money on
Brickshelf.  It could go along way towards keeping the adult Lego frenzy
alive.  (Which, if you ask me, just makes more kids drool over Lego.)

NOOOOO.

You don't want TLC to buy BrickShelf. Why? You think there is moderation
now? You think it's painfully slow now?

On the other hand, TLC could (and does) support BrickShelf.

Frank

Yea, so, of course, you are probably right.  There is a huge potential for
them to muck it all up.  I guess I just dream of it being well supported, as
well as being a strong community for sharing our Lego projects.

I think TLG has the resources to do some fairly cool things, but probably
they have no backbone for it.  The tendency would be for them to tightly
control it, as Kevin has started to do.  I do prefer your method of looser
control by Kevin, replaced by a community policing standard.  However, I
imagine Kevin's life precludes him from devoting the many hours needed to
implement such a thing.

-Alfred