 General / 39687
Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:34:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jon Palmer writes:
In lugnet.general, Jon Palmer writes:
Been talking to a few people online and we've all noticed that Brickshelf
seems to be considerably slow lately.  Is there anything we should know
about or perhaps anything the community can do?

I hate to say it but this site is more or less dead to me now. I never check
the recent additions anymore. I never upload anything to it now (and I'm
considering revising my website so it doesn't point to anymore images
there). I honestly don't even like to follow links to it now. I tend to
cringe when I see the brickshelf url in a link.

It really is a shame. I always considered brickshelf to be one of the
foundations of the online LEGO community. Before anyone responds to me and
tells me that "this is a free service" or whatever, realize that I know
this. I just think it would be nice to at least get some sort of response
from Kevin.

-Jon
--
| The Shipyard - http://zemi.net/shipyard
| The Moonbase Project - http://www.classic-space.com/moonbase/start/
| My Lego Creations - http://zemi.net/lego
| Attack of the Bricks - http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=jpalmer

I've noticed this too.  I've also noticed that this wasn't the case up
untill he had to start moderating anything that goes into it.  I hate to say
it, but brickshelf is beginning to lose favor with me too.  *sniff*