 General / 39717
Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 08:13:16 GMT

Hi Brian -

In lugnet.general, Brian Tobin writes:
I'd pay $10 per year IN A HEARTBEAT, especially if it could help avoid
advertisments. With the amount of pics I've uploaded in my relatively short
time here, I'd almost feel guilty that $10 is too much of a bargain!

Yup.

Whatever Kevin decides to do, I will back him and continue to frequent this
site.

I'm not *that* loyal. If Kevin makes decisions about BrickShelf which
severely devalue the service for me (such as inclusion of advertisements)
without soliciting the opinion of the community and providing an ad-free
alternative, I'm gone. I'll find another way to host my pictures if people
have to see ads to view them.

Granted, Kevin owns the site, but the community uses it. Kevin can do with
it what he wants; but the _respectful_ thing to do would be to dialogue with
the users over any major changes or issues before implementing them. If ads
are forced onto BrickShelf users, it will lose a tremendous amount of value
for me (and my guess is for a lot of others), and he will lose traffic.
Either people will find their own places to host images, or something
friendlier will pop up in its place.

-Tim