 General / 39624
Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:09:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Neal writes:
In lugnet.general, Jon Palmer writes:
Been talking to a few people online and we've all noticed that Brickshelf
seems to be considerably slow lately.  Is there anything we should know
about or perhaps anything the community can do?

Yeah, how about a $10 annual membership fee?  With over 10,000 Brickshelf
members, I'm sure Kevin would be able to get a nice, fat pipe and be able to
manage it full time.

How about a $10 annual membership fee for "gold" members? Perhaps "gold"
members' uploaded pictures & folders get moderated instantly? Maybe their
folders get *marked* as unmoderated, but are displayed anyway. Hence, they
still go through the moderation queue as normal (and may be removed if they
don't fit the bill), but show up faster since they're initially unmoderated?

If only 1/10 people got an account (that's probably overestimating, sadly),
it'd be $10,000 a year... Barely enough to pay for a T1 in some areas, but
the extra money wouldn't hurt!

DaveE